GSES has worked on projects across design, training, and consultancy, both in Australia and across the world. This has given GSES a comprehensive view of the market and experience in many environments with varying needs.
Vanuatu Rural Electrification Project (VREP)
About this Project
VREP Stage 1 had nine work components:
- Defining the eligibility criteria for beneficiaries (home owners);
- Defining the criteria for registration of participating vendors (solar businesses);
- Building the process for registration and de-registration of vendors;
- Outlining product registration criteria;
- Creation of a product catalogue;
- Defining the process for inclusion and removal of products from the Product Catalogue
- Building the mechanism for the amendment and dissemination of the Product Catalogue to ensure it is current;
- Defining the process for sale to remote consumers, verification of the sale and Subsidy Payment Process;
- Defining the process for a grievance redress mechanism
VREP Stage 2 had five work components:
- Defining the technical standards which the individual components within a solar home system shall comply with and how this is verified.
- Creating the installation guidelines/standards.
- Defining the minimum technical education level of the installers (e.g. competency standards that must be met).
- Creating the verification and inspections checklists for component based solar home systems and their installation.
- Defining the procedures required to approve the components and the installers.