Stay qualified and certified with our nationally recognised courses delivered by experts online and onsite at our training facility. Enrol through our Shop now!
FAQs And Other Information
How are the different courses conducted?
Design and Install Course split into three parts:
- Online Theory – assessment questions completed as you read through the course material; this should be attempted before you attend the practical component.
- Practical – three day practical at the Sydney Training Facility, doing installations, fault finding, commissioning, revising online theory, and an examination.
- Design Task – final assignment to bring together all theory and practical knowledge.
Install Only Course split into two parts:
- Online Theory – assessment questions completed as you read through the course material: this should be attempted before you attend the practical component. Note: the install online component is shorter than the Design and Install online component.
- Practical – three day practical at the Sydney Training Facility, doing installations, fault finding, commissioning and revising online theory.
Design Only Course split into two parts:
- Online Theory – assessment questions completed as you read through the course material: this should be attempted before you attend the practical component
- Design Task – final assignment to bring together all theory and practical knowledge.
I am not an electrician – what can I do?
Non-electricians are able to enrol in the Design Only course. You will get a certificate of completion, and you will be eligible to apply for Clean Energy Council Design Only accreditation if you meet the electrical knowledge prerequisites.
Note: This is an online course, and has an optional practical course. However, this does not give an install accreditation.
Where can I find information about accreditation?
The Clean Energy Council (CEC) have set up a dedicated phone number and website for accreditation.
Phone: 03 9929 4141
Can I get exemptions to part of the course?
GSES recognises Statement of Attainments from other RTOs. So if you already have completed, for example UEERE0022, then you won’t have to complete that unit again. GSES needs to see your certificate, and verify that it is valid for you to get credit for previous units.
Updated Units of Competency 2021
The National units of competency required for CEC accreditation are occasionally updated by the government. As a result, GSES has spent the last few months updating all our paperwork and materials to meet the requirements of the latest update for both the grid-connected PV and the stand alone power systems units
How much are the courses changing?
Some content has been added or edited for students that enrolled after the 1st October 2021. However, the changes made were minor. They include some extra assessment questions and an updated design task.
For students enrolled prior to the 1st of October, and who wish to get the new units, we have developed a Grid-Connected Bridging course.
Do I need to take the Grid-Connected Bridging course?
No. Training organisations are allowed to train students in the older units until October 2022, and both the older and updated units are valid for CEC accreditation. The older and updated units are also considered equivalent to each other, which means that any future training you might do won’t be affected by which units you have.
Eligible students can take the bridging course with no additional costs.
- Anyone who hasn’t submitted their first design task attempt AND hasn’t attended their practical is eligible.
- Students who have attended their practical already haven’t completed extra tasks introduced by the new units. They therefore can’t transition their course unless they attend another practical (which incurs a fee of $1000).
- Students who have already submitted at least one attempt at their design task may be required to pay additional fees due to the extra marking required. Or we can simply issue a credit transfer for the new units instead.
- Students have until their course expiry date to finish both their normal course and the bridging course.
- Students can’t opt out of the new units once they’ve transitioned.
- If the student is already having RPL of some sort applied (e.g. remote practical students), they will need to seek approval from the training manager.
What are the new unit codes?
The codes for the units of competency have changed as follows:
|Older unit code||Updated unit code|
|UEENEEK125A||UEERE0022 Solve basic problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus and systems|
|UEENEEK135A||UEERE0011 Design grid-connected photovoltaic power supply systems|
|UEENEEK148A||UEERE0016 Install, configure and commission LV grid-connected photovoltaic power systems|
|UEENEEK123A||UEERE0025 Carry out basic repairs to renewable energy (RE) apparatus|
|UEENEEK128A||UEERE0046 Solve problems in stand-alone renewable energy (RE) systems|
|UEENEEK134A||UEERE0035 Install ELV stand-alone photovoltaic power systems|
|UEENEEK139A||UEERE0031 Design stand-alone renewable energy (RE) systems|
FAQs For Registered Students
I have registered, but now I can’t log in.
When you register for the first time, you will receive an email that contains your new username and password.
Sometimes, your email client may treat such messages as spam and they may be sent to your junk mail folder – so if the email has not appeared in your inbox, please check your junk mail box.
If you have entered your email address incorrectly, you won’t receive the email or be able to activate your account. You will need to email the tutors at firstname.lastname@example.org to activate your account.
I have previously logged in successfully, but now I can’t.
Make sure you have entered your username and password correctly. The password is case sensitive, so make sure that ‘Caps Lock’ is off.
If you have forgotten you password, you can click on the ‘Forgotten Your Password’ link, enter your email, and your details will be sent to your email address.
If you can’t remember the email address you used to log in, you will need to contact the tutors at email@example.com to retrieve your details.
My questions don’t appear in the middle of the page.
If your questions appear off-centre, and you can only see half of the question box, you need to update your website browser (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, etc.)
For most browsers, you can update the browser by searching, for example, ‘Update Google Chrome’
If you are on a work computer, you may need to speak with your IT departments to do any updates.
What happens if I don’t finish my course on time?
All accreditation courses (excluding bridging courses) have a duration of 12 months from the student’s enrolment.
Students that don’t complete the course within the 12 months can apply for a extensions by paying extension fees.
We allow a maximum of 6 months of extension. That is, the course is valid for a maximum of 18 months from the student’s enrolment.
RTOs are required to ensure that all assessments are valid and recent. Therefore, we cannot offer extensions passed 18 months from enrolment.
A student that wants to continue the course after this period must re-enroll into the course. Options for validating assessments may be available depending on a case by case evaluation.
GSES will offer refunds for payments made through the online shop under the following conditions.
Publications and Equipment
All publications, product and equipment purchased separately (i.e. not materials supplied by GSES as part of course material) must be returned unused and in their original condition to our Sydney office. Returns will incur a 30% restocking fee. GSES reserves the right to refuse a refund on the basis that goods are damaged or have been used prior to return.
Online Training Courses
Cancellation of online training courses will be subject to the following conditions:
- If the student’s Learning, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) levels are determined by GSES to be below the standard required to complete the coursework successfully, and the student has not yet submitted coursework for assessment, GSES may offer a full refund of the online course material and practical training component. If the student then opts to continue with the course, the standard cancellation and refund policy applies.
- Cancellation of online training courses made within fourteen (14) days of the date of payment AND before the course has been accessed: the student will receive a full refund of the online course payment.
- Cancellation of online training courses made within fourteen (14) days of the date of payment AND after the course has been accessed AND before any coursework has been submitted for assessment: the student will receive a refund of the online course payment less a cancellation fee of $440, unless the the value of the course is lower than this, in which case the student will receive no refund.
- Cancellation more than fourteen (14) days after the date of payment OR after the first coursework is submitted for assessment (whichever occurs first): the student will receive no refund.
- All course refunds are exclusive of the price of the supplied course publication as advertised at the time of enrolment, unless the publication is returned to GSES in an undamaged and unused condition. GSES reserves the right to refuse a refund of the publication on the basis that goods are damaged or have been used prior to return.
- The cost of an online training course is inclusive of the Practical Training Component (if applicable), as are course refunds.
Practical Training Component
The confirmed date for the Practical Training Component is only available once a student has completed the necessary online assessments, used the Moodle-provided link to select a date, and received a confirmation email from GSES.
- The date for the Practical Training Component may be changed, but this change cannot be made within fourteen (14) days of the starting date of the Practical Training Component.
- Changing the date of any GSES Practical Training Component will incur an administration fee of $192.50.
There is no refund offered for cancellations less than 14 days prior to the scheduled start date of Practical Training Components.
Courses (except PD courses) are valid for 12 (twelve) months, therefore the course must be completed within the expiry date given at the time of enrolment. If any extensions are required after the course expiry date, an administration fee of $137.50 per month will be incurred to extend the course.
If cancellation/extension/change of date etc is required, please contact GSES – firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 265 525.