GSES has worked on projects across design, training, and consultancy, both in Australia and across the world. This has given GSES a comprehensive view of the market and experience in many environments with varying needs.
ECOWAS – Technician Certification Scheme
About this Project
In February 2018 GSES was awarded a contract by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) to develop a technician’s certification program for the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). The scope of works included:
- Defining the structure of the Regional Certification Body that administers the certification program.
- Developing the Regional Certification Scheme (RCS) Programme framework comprising all the relevant documents such as rules, responsibilities, procedures, etc.
- Developing the procedure manual on how to conduct the certification examination, in English and French.
- Developing a database of examination questions in English and French.
- Reviewing curriculum from selected training centres with respect to their alignment to the JTAs and provided report on recommendations for improvement.
- Preparing country implementation strategies for two selected countries (Ghana and Senegal).
- Preparing a report detailing how to roll-out the RCS programme to the remaining ECOWAS member countries.
- Participating in a regional workshop for stakeholders from the 15 ECOWAS member countries.