Work Health and Safety for Solar
Online Short Course
The ‘Work Health and Safety for Solar’ online course provides a comprehensive overview of work, health and safety standards in the solar PV industry. The course throws light on the different types of hazards and risks commonly encountered in the solar industry and how to prevent or manage them. It includes essential knowledge of SafeWork Australia’s legislation and industry codes of practice, as well as a distinct repository of resources related to work, health and safety practices in Australia. In addition to this, there is a quiz after every topic in the course designed to test your comprehensive understanding of the material.
The course content touches upon various subjects including:
- Legislation and regulations related to work, health and safety
- Hazard identification and risk assessment for the solar industry
- Types, inspections and application of PPE
- Emergency and rescue plans
- The dangers of asbestos & silica
- Working safely with electricity
The course is relevant for installers, engineers, project developers, homeowners and other non-technical people connected with the industry who would want to acquaint themselves with important work, health and safety related definitions, aspects and practices.
This interactive online course provides a structured approach to understanding the key aspects of WHS practices in Australia. By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand the relevant regulations and legislation related to WHS in Australia, and how they impact designs and installations
- Identify the different hazards in the solar industry and perform a risk assessment
- Understand the importance of the varied types of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Recognise an emergency & rescue plan
- Identify asbestos & silica, and the dangers involved
- How to work safely with electricity
Students will receive a GSES certificate of completion stating they have completed the ‘Work Health and Safety for Solar’ Course.
Materials and Equipment
A computer, laptop, table, or phone with reliable internet access.
Delivery Method and Duration
Delivery is online comprising of video content and book content, with a short quiz at the end of each topic. Tutor support is available if required.
This online course is self-paced. We estimate it may take approximately 4 hours to complete, however this can vary. Course access is valid for 12 months.
Cancellation and Refunds
A full refund is available within 14 days of purchase, on the condition that the student/s have not yet logged into the student portal. Due to the online nature of the course, no refunds are possible once the course has been accessed on the student portal.