With more people realising the benefits of Electric Vehicles (EVs) becoming portable power stations, the concept of “vehicle-to-grid “is fast becoming one of the hottest topics of discussion within the industry. From sleek lines and silent engines, these batteries on wheels can be much more than luxury cars. They could be part of the solution for a 100% renewable energy grid!
The Vehicle-to-Grid sprint course is relevant for anyone wishing to develop their technical understanding of EVs. This course will aim to provide a look into the current technologies in place, the vehicles that can facilitate this and the future of vehicle to grid as the industry moves forward. It will discuss vehicle to grid charging and the opportunities that it brings to consumers and the overall energy market.
Important Enrolment Information
This course uses Auto-Enrol, which means students gain immediate access to the full course upon enrolment. Because the enrolment process is completed automatically, please note the following to ensure correct enrolment:
- If you are only enrolling yourself in this course, do not tick the “Purchase for someone else” box. Your account on this website, created during checkout or a previous purchase, will provide the details required for your automatic account creation on our student training portal. You will receive course login details via email within a few minutes after purchase.
- If you are enrolling one or more students other than yourself, please tick the “Purchase for someone else” box. You will receive an email within a few minutes after purchase. Use the link included in this email to enter the student/s details (this may include yourself), and the accounts will be created on our student training portal.
- Please ensure names are entered as they should appear on the completion certificate. Student’s names and email addresses can only be altered after enrolment by GSES staff. Ensure email addresses are entered correctly, as this is how course access is provided.
If you experience any technical issues during enrolment, please contact the GSES office on email@example.com or +61 2 9024 5312. Staff will be available to assist during business hours only (AEST/AEDT). Note that tax invoices are issued manually, which may take a few working days from enrolment.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This interactive online course provides a structured approach to cover the following topics:
- Vehicle-to-Grid Fundamentals
- The Current State of V2G
- The Future of V2G
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Compare the benefits and drawbacks of vehicle-to-grid
- Identify the current limitations of vehicle-to-grid
- List the current and developing standards surrounding vehicle to grid
- Describe the current EV ports available to facilitate vehicle-to-grid
- Contextualise the potential of V2G using case studies
Students that complete the course successfully will receive a certificate of completion stating they have completed the Vehicle-to-Grid course.
Materials and Equipment
A computer, laptop, table, or phone with reliable internet access is required.
Delivery Method and Duration
Delivery is online comprising video content and quiz-based assessments. Tutor support is available if required.
This online course is self-paced. We estimate it may take approximately 1 hour to complete, however this can vary. Course access is valid for 12 months.
Cancellation and Refunds
A full refund is available within 14 days of purchase, on the condition that the student/s have not yet logged into the student portal. Due to the online nature of the course, no refunds are possible once the course has been accessed on the student portal.