AS/NZS 5033:2021 Updates
Online Short Course
The AS/NZS 5033:2021 is an online video-based course that provides an overview of the key AS/NZS5033:2021 changes to safety and PV system regulations. It also guides you through calculation, signage and documentation changes which could impact your system. The course is particularly relevant for designers and installers in which compliance is mandatory given state regulators approval of the new regulations.
The course has multiple spread out quizzes designed to test your knowledge of the new standard. At the end of the course, there is also final overview quiz where you can apply the knowledge that you have learnt throughout the course.
This is a GSES Auto-Enrol course. Before purchase, please read the Important Enrolment Information in the description section below to ensure a smooth and speedy enrolment.
Important Enrolment Information
This course uses Auto-Enrol, which means students gain immediate access to the full course upon enrolment. Because the enrolment process is completed automatically, please note the following to ensure correct enrolment:
- If you are only enrolling yourself in this course, do not tick the “Purchase for someone else” box. Your account on this website, created during checkout or a previous purchase, will provide the details required for your automatic account creation on our student training portal. You will receive course login details via email within a few minutes after purchase.
- If you are enrolling one or more students other than yourself, please tick the “Purchase for someone else” box. You will receive an email within a few minutes after purchase. Use the link included in this email to enter the student/s details (this may include yourself), and the accounts will be created on our student training portal.
- Please ensure names are entered as they should appear on the completion certificate. Student’s names and email addresses can only be altered after enrolment by GSES staff. Ensure email addresses are entered correctly, as this is how course access is provided.
If you experience any technical issues during enrolment, please contact the GSES office on firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9024 5312. Staff will be available to assist during business hours only (AEST/AEDT). Note that tax invoices are issued manually, which may take a few working days from enrolment.
It is assumed that students have existing knowledge of Grid-Connected PV Systems and the AS/NZS 5033:2014 standard. They may have completed the Grid-Connected PV System Design course, hold a Clean Energy Council Grid-Connect accreditation or have applicable industry experience across residential, commercial and industrial or utility scale PV systems.
This interactive video-based online course provides a structured approach to understanding the key changes in the AS/NZS 5033:2021 standard. By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand the key changes to regulations and safety requirements and how they impact designs and installations
- Perform calculations using the new standard
- Define the key differences between the new and old standard
- Identify the changes in safety requirements such as new signage and documentation
Materials and Equipment
A computer, laptop, table, or phone with reliable internet access. Access to the new AS/NZS 5033:2021 standard.
Delivery Method and Duration
Delivery is online comprising of video content with short quizzes at the end of each topic. Tutor support is available if required.
This online course is self-paced. We estimate it may take approximately 3 hours to complete, however this can vary. Course access is valid for 12 months.
Cancellation and Refunds
A full refund is available within 14 days of purchase, on the condition that the student/s have not yet logged into the student portal. Due to the online nature of the course, no refunds are possible once the course has been accessed on the student portal.