Solar Sales Essentials
Online Short Course
Designed for sales people transitioning their career into the solar sector, Solar Sales Essentials is the first step. While many other industries may fluctuate in reliability, solar power is a growth industry world-wide. This 2-hour course is globally focused, and limited to rooftop residential and commercial solar applications. Fast-track your new career with essential knowledge of solar systems and equipment, site assessment, energy efficiency, customer interaction, lead generation, quotes and software applications covered.
- Those who have a sales background but no previous experience in solar, which is why we include an overview of solar resource and the main components of a PV system
- Those who have some solar experience (e.g. have completed the Grid-Connected PV Systems course) but no previous experience in sales or business skills.
It addresses fundamental sales and business skills, in addition to a key industry issue in some installers having poor customer service skills.
This is a GSES Auto-Enrol course. Before purchase, please read the Important Enrolment Information in the description section below to ensure a smooth and speedy enrolment.
Important Enrolment Information
This course uses Auto-Enrol, which means students gain immediate access to the full course upon enrolment. Because the enrolment process is completed automatically, please note the following to ensure correct enrolment:
- If you are only enrolling yourself in this course, do not tick the “Purchase for someone else” box. Your account on this website, created during checkout or a previous purchase, will provide the details required for your automatic account creation on our student training portal. You will receive course login details via email within a few minutes after purchase.
- If you are enrolling one or more students other than yourself, please tick the “Purchase for someone else” box. You will receive an email within a few minutes after purchase. Use the link included in this email to enter the student/s details (this may include yourself), and the accounts will be created on our student training portal.
- Please ensure names are entered as they should appear on the completion certificate. Student’s names and email addresses can only be altered after enrolment by GSES staff. Ensure email addresses are entered correctly, as this is how course access is provided.
If you experience any technical issues during enrolment, please contact the GSES office on firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9024 5312. Staff will be available to assist during business hours only (AEST/AEDT). Note that tax invoices are issued manually, which may take a few working days from enrolment.
It is assumed that students have some prior sales experience but this is not mandatory. No prior solar experience is required.
This interactive online short course provides a structured approach to understanding what is involved for a salesperson in the solar industry. The course presents information on the following areas:
- The solar resource;
- Components of a PV system, including PV modules, grid-connected inverters and BOS equipment;
- Site assessment;
- Energy efficiency;
- Economics and yield of a PV system;
- Lead generation and customers; and
- Essential concepts and software.
Materials and Equipment
A computer, laptop, tablet, or phone with reliable internet access is required.
Delivery Method and Duration
Delivery is online comprising video content, theory and short quizzes at the end of each topic. Tutor support is available if required.
This online course is self-paced. We estimate it may take approximately 2 hours to complete, however this can vary. Course access is valid for 12 months.
Cancellation and Refunds
A full refund is available within 14 days of purchase, on the condition that the student/s have not yet logged into the student portal. Due to the online nature of the course, no refunds are possible once the course has been accessed on the student portal.