Grid-Connected PV Systems with Battery Storage Design & Install
Online and Face-to face 3-day Practical Course
The Grid-Connected PV Systems with Battery Storage: Design and Install Course consists of two main components: online theory completed at students’ own pace and the face-to-face (3 days) component held at a GSES Training Facility. The delivery mode of this course is designed for busy tradespeople who do not have the time to attend lengthy face-to-face courses to expand their knowledge and skills: the fully flexible web-based format of the online component allows students to complete the theory in their own time.
To enrol in this course, you must be a licensed electrician and have previously completed the units of competency UEENEEK125A, UEENEEK135A and UEENEEK148A. GSES is a Nationally Recognised Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code 91461), and students who successfully complete all components of the course will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency UEERE4001 and UEERE5001. This meets the training component of the Clean Energy Council’s requirements for Battery Storage Design and Install endorsement.
Please read the essential Course Information and Policies before purchasing this course.
Student Details 1
Student Details 1
This course is designed for electricians who are accredited to design and install grid-connected photovoltaic systems and wish to further their skills to design and install grid-connected battery storage. The majority of the course is completed online; students can book the dates for their 3-day face-to-face practical after achieving a set proportion of the online work. Practical sessions are held regularly in Sydney and the current schedule can be found at this link. Note that dates are subject to minimum and maximum numbers, and places cannot be guaranteed until the necessary amount of online work is completed. Course access is valid for 12 months.
Prerequisites: Unrestricted electrical licence issued by an Australian state or territory, and competency in the following units of competency:
- UEENEEK125A – Solve basic problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus
- UEENEEK135A – Design grid connected photovoltaic power supply systems
- UEENEEK148A – Install, configure and commission grid-connected photovoltaic power supply systems
These units are considered as ‘required prior learning’ for this course.
Outcome of successful completion: Statement of Attainment for the following Units of Competency and eligible to apply for CEC Battery Storage Design and Install endorsement (refer to the CEC for any additional requirements).
- UEERE4001: Install, maintain and fault find battery storage systems for grid-connected photovoltaic systems
- UEERE5001: Design battery storage systems for grid-connected photovoltaic systems
Required materials: Students are supplied with the publication Grid-Connected PV Systems with Battery Storage 1st Edition after enrolment at no additional cost. Students are responsible for obtaining current copies of the following Australian Standards, available for purchase from the SAI Global website or Techstreet website, and also available from some libraries, institutions and industry associations:
- AS/NZS 5033 – Photovoltaic arrays
- AS/NZS 4777.1 – Grid connection of energy systems via inverters
- AS/NZS 4509.1 – Stand Alone Power Systems – Safety and installation
- AS/NZS 4509.2 – Stand Alone Power Systems – System Design
Students will also require the following:
- Computer with reliable Internet connection
- Scientific calculator
- Email account, checked regularly