EV Charging Essentials
Online Short Course
No matter what your role is, being an EV charging station expert is a valuable skill that can help you navigate the accelerating uptake of EVs and charging infrastructure.
The accelerating adoption of electric vehicles and charging infrastructure is materially changing the way we use energy. As a high power application, it will impact how our grid provides us with electricity, how you use that energy and how you travel to places. A smooth transition from oil and gas requires us to learn new technical skills, terminology and other skills to integrate the high power application of charging infrastructure into our day-to-day operations/lives.
Join this course to gain the knowledge needed for success! In this short course, you will learn about the key elements of EV charging infrastructure, how to create a concept design for charging infrastructure, how to budget for EV charging infrastructure and much more!
The EV Charging Essentials is a 4 hours self-paced course with written and video based content. The course also has quizzes in each chapter to test your knowledge.
- The key elements of EV charging infrastructure
- Developing a concept design for EV charging infrastructure
- Budgeting for EV charging infrastructure
- Operating and Maintaining EV charging infrastructure
The course is relevant for installers, engineers, project developers, homeowners, site managers and other non-technical people connected with the industry who would want to acquaint themselves with design, budgeting and operating and maintaining EV charging infrastructure.
This course has no prerequisites.
This interactive online course provides a structured approach to understanding the key aspects of designing EV charging stations. By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand the components of electric vehicles, charging infrastructure and their functions.
- Understand the current state of play of the electric vehicle industry and how to forecast and prepare for EV adoption.
- Gather and analyse relevant customer motivations, site information and technical constraints.
- Develop a concept design for charging infrastructure that caters for site specific needs and allows for future expansion.
- Understand the costs and revenues of EV charging infrastructure and create a budget plan for EV charger projects.
- Understand the ongoing operational activities and maintenance requirements of the EV supply equipment and develop a practical operations and maintenance (O&M) plan.
Students will receive a GSES certificate of completion stating they have completed the ‘EV Charging Essentials’ Course.
Materials and Equipment
A computer, laptop, table, or phone with reliable internet access.
Delivery Method and Duration
Delivery is online comprising of video content and book content, with a short quiz at the end of each topic. Tutor support is available if required.
This online course is self-paced. We estimate it may take approximately 3 hours to complete, however this can vary. Course access is valid for 12 months.
Cancellation and Refunds
A full refund is available within 14 days of purchase, on the condition that the student/s have not yet logged into the student portal. Due to the online nature of the course, no refunds are possible once the course has been accessed on the student portal.