Tiny Homes & Sustainable Living
Online Short Course
Tiny Homes & Sustainable Living is a 4 hour course that will give you essential knowledge of how to design and build a tiny home. The course content includes:
- The benefits of living in a tiny home
- Design considerations including location, budget, transporting and regulation requirements
- How to access utilities and services
- Construction materials and key factors to consider for each component
- Advice for transitioning to a tiny home
Is this course for you?
This course is for anyone that wants to learn the fundamentals of tiny homes and sustainable living. In particular, those who are exploring the notion of building or living in a tiny home, whether in a DIY setting or by a professional, will gain invaluable knowledge from this course.
This course uses Auto-Enrol, which means students gain immediate access to the full course upon enrolment.
- If you are enrolling yourself in this course, do not tick the “Purchase for someone else” box. Your account on this website, created during checkout or a previous purchase, will provide the details required for your automatic account creation on our student training portal. You will receive course login details via email within a few minutes after purchase.
- If you are enrolling one or more students other than yourself, please tick the “Purchase for someone else” box. You will receive an email within a few minutes after purchase. Use the link included in this email to enter the student/s details (this may include yourself), and the accounts will be created on our student training portal.
- Ensure names are entered as they should appear on the completion certificate. Student’s names and email addresses can only be altered after enrolment by GSES staff. Ensure email addresses are entered correctly, as this is how course access is provided.
If you experience any technical issues during enrolment, please contact the GSES office on firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9024 5312. Staff will be available to assist during business hours only (AEST/AEDT).
This course has no prerequisites.
Materials and Equipment
A computer, laptop, tablet, or phone with reliable internet access is required.
Delivery Method and Duration
Delivery is online comprising video content, theory, and short quizzes at the end of each topic. Tutor support is available if required.
This online course is self-paced. We estimate it may take approximately 4 hours to complete, however this can vary. Course access is valid for 12 months.
Cancellation and Refunds
A full refund is available within 14 days of purchase, on the condition that the student/s have not yet logged into the student portal. Due to the online nature of the course, no refunds are possible once the course has been accessed on the student portal.
The course content includes:
- The benefits of living in a tiny home;
- Design considerations including location, budget, transporting and regulation requirements;
- How to access utilities and services;
- Construction materials and key factors to consider for each component; and
- Advice for transitioning to a tiny home.
Students can download a GSES certificate of completion stating they have completed the Tiny Homes & Sustainable Living course.