Single Axis Solar Trackers
Online Short Course
This course is designed for those curious and those involved with the development and construction of single axis trackers. You may be looking to expand your knowledge or looking for work on a solar tracker project, whether on the development or construction side.
It starts with an introduction to the technology & terminology and applications. We will take a brief look at market leading tracker designs before learning about project risks, and why some developers have struggled with trackers. Next, we will learn some construction best practices to mitigate project risks.This includes a look at two real-world case studies and covers extreme weather mitigation, construction process and delay sources. Finally, we will learn how bifacial PV modules apply to trackers, and promising tracker technologies that are emerging on the market.
This course uses Auto-Enrol, which means students gain immediate access to the full course upon enrolment. Because the enrolment process is completed automatically, please note the following to ensure correct enrolment:
- If you are only enrolling yourself in this course, do not tick the “Purchase for someone else” box. Your account on this website, created during checkout or a previous purchase, will provide the details required for your automatic account creation on our student training portal. You will receive course login details via email within a few minutes after purchase.
- If you are enrolling one or more students other than yourself, please tick the “Purchase for someone else” box. You will receive an email within a few minutes after purchase. Use the link included in this email to enter the student/s details (this may include yourself), and the accounts will be created on our student training portal.
- Student’s names and email addresses can only be altered after enrolment by GSES staff. Please ensure names are entered as they should appear on the completion certificate. Ensure email addresses are entered correctly, as this is how course access is provided.
If you experience any technical issues during enrolment, please contact the GSES office on email@example.com or +61 2 9024 5312. Staff will be available to assist during business hours only (AEST/AEDT). Note that tax invoices are issued manually, which may take a few working days from enrolment.
It is assumed that students have some prior solar experience but this is not mandatory.
Materials and Equipment
A computer, laptop, tablet, or phone with reliable internet access is required.
Delivery Method and Duration
Delivery is online comprising video content, theory, and short quizzes at the end of each topic. Tutor support is available if required.
This online course is self-paced. We estimate it may take approximately 3 hours to complete, however this can vary. Course access is valid for 12 months.
Cancellation and Refunds
A full refund is available within 14 days of purchase, on the condition that the student/s have not yet logged into the student portal. Due to the online nature of the course, no refunds are possible once the course has been accessed on the student portal.
This interactive online course provides a structured approach to understanding the development and construction of single axis solar trackers. The course presents information on the following areas:
- Solar tracker basics;
- The case for tracker usage;
- Single axis tracker configurations;
- Tracker project risks;
- Tracker construction best practices;
- Bifacial modules and emerging tracker technologies.
Students can download a GSES certificate of completion stating they have completed the Single Axis Solar Trackers course. Clean Energy Council accredited designers/installers will be eligible for 15 CPD points.