This course is designed for engineers and others working in the renewable energy industry who are accredited to design grid-connected photovoltaic systems and wish to further their skills to design grid-connected battery storage. The course is entirely online with tutor support via phone and email. Course access is valid for 12 months.
Prerequisites: Clean Energy Council (CEC) Grid-connect Design Accreditation, or certificate of completion equivalent to UEENEEK125A and UEENEEK135A (e.g. the GSES Grid-Connected PV Systems Design Only course). Grid-Connected PV System Design is considered as ‘required prior learning’ for this course.
This course is only classified as Nationally Recognised Training for students who have a Statement of Attainment for UEENEEK135A.
Outcome of successful completion: Certificate of completion equivalent to the following Unit of Competency and eligible to apply for CEC Battery Storage Design Accreditation (refer to the CEC for any additional requirements).
- UEERE5001: Design battery storage systems for grid connected photovoltaic systems
Students who have a Statement of Attainment for the prerequisite unit UEENEEK135A will receive a Statement of Attainment for UEERE5001.
Required materials: Students are supplied with the publication Battery Storage Systems for Grid-Connected PV Systems 2nd Edition after enrolment at no additional cost. Students are responsible for obtaining current copies of the following Australian Standards, available for purchase from the SAI Global website or Techstreet website, and also available from some libraries, institutions and industry associations:
- AS/NZS 5139 – Electrical installations – Safety of battery systems for use with power conversion equipment
- AS/NZS 4777.1 – Grid connection of energy systems via inverters – Part 1: Installation requirements
- AS/NZS 5033 – Installation and safety requirements for photovoltaic (PV) arrays
Students will also require the following:
- Computer with reliable Internet connection
- Scientific calculator
- Email account, checked regularly