This course is designed for engineers and others who are accredited to design grid-connected photovoltaic systems AND stand-alone power systems, and have previously been using these accreditations to design grid-connected battery systems. This RPL-based online-only course allows eligible students to apply for the Clean Energy Council design battery storage accreditation by using their previous training and experience to meet the majority of the assessable requirements.
This bridging course consists of three components:
- RPL based on prior completed units of competency: UEENEEK123A, UEENEEK125A, UEENEEK128A, UEENEEK134A, UEENEEK135A and UEENEEK139A (or equivalents).
- RPL based on evidence submitted by the student of their previous designs of grid-connected battery systems. Please view the required evidence before enrolling.
- Short online quizzes to assess knowledge not covered by the previous two components. There are around 40 questions in total.
Course access is valid for 6 months.
Prerequisites: Clean Energy Council Design accreditations for both Grid-Connect PV and Stand-Alone Power Systems, and demonstrable experience working with grid-connected battery systems.
Outcome of successful completion: Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Completion for the following Unit of Competency and eligible to apply for CEC design battery storage accreditation.
- UEERE5001: Design battery storage systems for grid-connected photovoltaic systems
Required materials: As current practitioners, students are expected to have current copies of the following Australian Standards:
- AS/NZS 5033 – Photovoltaic arrays
- AS/NZS 4777.1 – Grid connection of energy systems via inverters
- AS/NZS 3000 – Wiring rules
- AS/NZS 3008.1.1 – Selection of cables Part 1.1
- AS/NZS 4509.1 – Stand Alone Power Systems – Safety and installation
- AS/NZS 4509.2 – Stand Alone Power Systems – System Design
Students will also require the following:
- Computer with reliable Internet connection
- Scientific calculator
- Email account, checked regularly
Although not compulsory, the Grid-Connected PV Systems with Battery Storage First Edition is recommended reading for this course. The cost of the book is not included in the course price, but can be purchased in addition.