Grid-Connected PV Systems Design Only (International)
The GSES Design Only Grid Connected Photovoltaic (PV) Systems course is designed for those who would like to learn how to design a grid connected PV system. In this course you will:
- Learn how to design grid connected PV systems
- Learn how to calculate PV system yield and performance
The course is based on sections of the book: “Grid Connected PV Systems: Design and Installation” Australian Edition Version 8.. A course based on International Edition Version 1 will be available in 2019. Access to Australian Standards:
Will be required to complete some of the assessments in this course
The material in the online course also covers all the theory relating to the installation of a grid connected PV systems, however to complete the installation section of the course requires attending a 3-4 day practical session. A quotation could be provided for conducting this course your country.
Please read the essential Course Information and Policies before purchasing this course.
Student Details 1
Student Details 1
Pre-requisites for Course Participation
As a minimum all course participants should have the following skills:
- Some knowledge of safe work practices;
- Minimum Senior Secondary School maths (or in country equivalent) skills for solving standard problems; and
- Minimum Senior Secondary School English (or in country equivalent) and reading skills.
All course participants must be able to read and understand English.
It is preferred that the participants already have knowledge and skills in:
- Electricity, electrical terms, and common formulae;
- Working knowledge of tools and meters used in installation and maintenance of electrical systems; and
- Basic customer education and service practices.
Though having these skills is preferred, the attendees can learn some of these skills during the online course or with extra work while completing the course.
Successful Completion of the Course
Participants who complete the course will received a certificate of completion.
If the participants are located in the Pacific islands the certificate will state that they have successfully completed the registered Unit Standard:
PPAGC100 Designer of Grid Connected PV Systems
listed in the Pacific Qualifications and Standards Register (PQSR).